Friday, May 29, 2015

Coffee cup cozy

Hello everyone!

As some of you may know I'm originally from Portugal. However what you may have not realized is how interwoven Portuguese culture is with coffee. After all Portugal was responsible for introducing coffee production to Brasil. You are very welcome! One of our greatest poets, Fernando Pessoa, has a bronze statue outside his favourite coffee shop: A Brasileira where he regularly drank espressos, arguably the nation's favourite drink.

Big man, small cup

Recently I have developed a new addiction. Going to the petrol station near the house and buying a cappuccino from a Costa machine and a chocolate muffin. Not particularly healthy I know, but darn tasty!

This is why I decided to make a cup cozy, something I've never done before. It was the perfect little project to do in an hour or so while taking a break from my main WIP. I dug mine and my mum's shared yarn stash and found this lovely bright green.


As soon as I started working with it it reminded me of this dude:


Mike from Monsters inc.!

So I decided to try and base the cozy around him. His most distinguishable feature is the big round eye so I decided to make his eye. It didn't quite work...


But after already making most of the cozy I decided to not quit and go ahead anyway. To be honest I wanted to see what it looked like all together...


It is far from perfect and I doubt you would have understood what it was supposed to be if I hadn't told you but hey, I actually quite enjoyed making him! I may even try and figure out how to do a Sully one. There is something incredibly satisfying about completing a project in one sitting. 

That is enough from me for today. What are some of your favourite things to do in one sitting? Don't forget to say hi in the comments and I hope you all have a brilliant weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment